   Re: XML/XSL problems

  • From: "Steve Muench" <smuench@us.oracle.com>
  • To: "Barton Stanley" <barton.stanley@innovision.com>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 18:50:09 -0700

The Oracle XML Parser v2.0.2.4 implements
the October 8, 1999 XSLT Proposed Recommendation,
so the XSL URI is likely the culprit here.

The reason your stylesheet gets returned
is that, since the processor doesn't
recognize your <xsl:stylesheet> element
as being from the namespace with
namespace URI http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform ,
it has to assume that you just picked the three
letters "xsl" as a prefix for your non-XSL namespace
and it needs to treat those as a "Literal Result Element"
which is a legal way to start a simple, one-template
stylesheet.

Steve Muench, BC4J Development Team & XML Evangelist
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/java
http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml