   Undeclared namespace

  • From: "Anand Raman" <anandram@wipsys.soft.net>
  • To: XML-DEV <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:10:49 +0530

HI guys

I am getting a Reference to undeclared namespace "exp:" error for the following code snippet when i try to view the document in IE 5. I have successfully validated the documents using the XML4J parser and XMLPRO .
Also the problem doesnt occur when i dont associate the dtd in the XML file . Why is this error appearing and what can be done to solve it

** DTD **
<!ELEMENT experience (project+)>
<!ATTLIST experience xmlns:exp CDATA #FIXED "http://www.angelfire.com/ar/diduknow/experience">
<!ELEMENT project (exp:title,employer?,client?,exp:duration?,team?,position?,description?,contribution?)>

** XML **
<experience xmlns:exp="http://www.angelfire.com/ar/diduknow/experience">
 <project>
   <exp:title>Management Information Systems</exp:title>
   <employer>Infotech ESD</employer>
   <client>Finance Department</client>
   <exp:duration>till date</exp:duration>
</experience>