   Re: bibiography dtd?

  • From: Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
  • To: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@auckland.ac.nz>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 15:29:07 -0600

Warren Hedley wrote:

> Hi Gregg
>
> I faced the same problem as you 6 months ago (actually, I'm just
> ignoring it now), and had a look at the docbook DTD but found it
> too vast and complicated to follow initially. I ended up cutting
> out just the bibliography section for inclusion into my own DTDs.

Good approach.  Question: is it a valid subset?  Will any instance that
parses by this definition parse with the original?

How should an XML DTD designer signify that this DTD is a
conformant subset or a variant of a another DTD?  Are
these one, two, or three namespaces IF a namespace identifier
resolves to a schema?  This matters if the FPI is ROA for the
DTD and a label for the namespace identifier.

len