   Re: bibiography dtd?

  • From: Warren Hedley <w.hedley@auckland.ac.nz>
  • To: "cbullard@hiwaay.net" <"Len Bullard"@mail.HiWAAY.net>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 10:57:53 +1300

Len Bullard wrote:

> Good approach.  Question: is it a valid subset?  Will any instance that
> parses by this definition parse with the original?

I'm 99% confident that anything conforming to this DTD would also conform
to the DocBook DTD - I certainly didn't add anything new, just ripped out
the bits that seemed useful. I'm less confident that a DocBook bibliography
would validate against my DTD - there may well be some features missing.

> How should an XML DTD designer signify that this DTD is a
> conformant subset or a variant of a another DTD?

Good commenting ;-)

> Are these one, two, or three namespaces IF a namespace identifier
> resolves to a schema?  This matters if the FPI is ROA for the
> DTD and a label for the namespace identifier.

Too many acronyms for my taste (and limited experience with namespaces),
I'm afraid.

--
Warren Hedley
Department of Engineering Science