   RE: XML Schema and international Booleans

  • From: "Reynolds, Gregg" <greynolds@datalogics.com>
  • To: 'Nik O' <niko@cmsplatform.com>, - XML-Dev <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 13:22:10 -0600

If they're accurately labeled, I'd say use 'em, but I somehow got the idea
those are used in writing proofs to express logical entailment (or whatever
the term is) or something like that, rather than truth.  I.e., I suspect
Unicode got the labels slightly wrong.  But I must also stress that I'm not
a logician, I only play one on the internet.  I'm quite fond of
non-sequiters, especially since my tennis shoes are in the wash.  I guess my
main objection to U+22A8 and U+22AD is they seem to define false in terms of
true, which seems to denigrate falseness, and is clearly insensitive to
liars.

> There would be no confusion with the Roman letter "T", and
> "pi(e)-on-the-side" is one of the seven true paths to
> happiness, que no?

Doesn't somebody have an international symbol for beer we could use for
'true'?

-gregg