Lists Home |
Date Index |
- From: Sebastien Sahuc <email@example.com>
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:05:27 +0100
> > Try explaining this glitch to people who don't understand
> XML well enough
> > to understand what an 'external entity' is a few hundred
Well... the discussion must has been tackled several times in the
list, but I would like to have a summary of WHEN and WHEN NOT to use
I sum up some points I have understood so far :
* DO NOT use external entities when working with remote XML document
since it would badly increase downloading time.
* DO use them only when you can rely on the parser's behaviour, i.e.
you know exactly how the parser will behave with these entities.
Any comments on this ?
xml-dev: A list for W3C XML Developers. To post, mailto:email@example.com
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/xml-dev/ and on CD-ROM/ISBN 981-02-3594-1
To unsubscribe, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org the following message;
To subscribe to the digests, mailto:email@example.com the following message;
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)