   Feeling good about SML

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@docuverse.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 02:40:14 -0800

Everyone,

Based on the responses to my first message titled "Feeler for SML",
I can make following conclusions:

Whether SML is the voice of reason or treason, it struck a cord in
the mind of many of us.  Whether the need for SML is illusional or
practical, it merits further investigations and thus require
investment in terms of time and efforts.  By time and effort, I
include the patience and continued vigilence of those XML-DEV
subscribers who disagree with the SML idea.

It is apparent that SML is not a new idea, there were similar efforts
made before and, if we do not come to a consensus this time, I am sure
we will see it resurface again and again until the need becomes
critical enough or we find something else to get obsessed about.
Let us make sure we give it a good effort this time around because,
frankly, I got no time for regrets.

To this end, I think we should now move to discussion on how we might
proceed.  One suggestion I have is that we should keep this discussion
within XML-DEV as long as possible.  The reason is that the amount
of readily available expertise in XML-DEV is simply staggering and I
believe we will benefit from it as we progress.

Best,

Don Park    -   mailto:donpark@docuverse.com
Docuverse   -   http://www.docuverse.com