   RE: Parser compliance

  • From: "Don Park" <donpark@docuverse.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@ic.ac.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:38:22 -0800

David Megginson wrote:

>In XML, I've noticed that most of my consulting work has to do with
>designing running systems and integrating components, and that
>document-type design is only a small (though important) part of that.

Aye.  When prospective clients ask me to write their DTD, I tell them
that the design of XML-based systems require looking at the big picture
of component integration and data flow.  DTD is just 'what' but there
are 'how', 'where', 'when', etc. to consider.  Often times, DTD is just
used for documentation.

Too bad that my comments often taken as an attempt to increase the size
of the bill.  Not that I am entirely innocent, of course. <g>

Best,

Don Park    -   mailto:donpark@docuverse.com
Docuverse   -   http://www.docuverse.com