   re: Re: Why I Hate Palmtops

  • From: Michael Rose <rose@tele.dtu.dk>
  • To: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 17:12:15 +0100

rev-bob asks:

>Hence, I'm asking what I thought would be a really simple question -
>"What am I not
>getting?"  What sort of people *do* want to access the Web through a
>tiny cellphone
>screen?

It might be helpful to turn your question around to "What net-based
information do I want to access through my small mobile device?"

weather and traffic forecasts, the address of that meeting in my
Web-based calendar which I forgot to write down.....I don't want to
surf or pull up Web pages, I want simple pieces of information that
have been updated since I was last on a computer or which I forgot to
stuff into my brain before I shut it down (the computer, not my
brain).

HTH

Michael

Michael Rose
Center for Tele-Information,    Technical University of Denmark
mailto:rose@tele.dtu.dk         http://www.cti.dtu.dk/personal/rose
Multimedia in the Home - http://mmhome.cit.dk
'and what is the use of a computer' thought Alice 'without pictures
or conversation'               with apologies to Lewis Carroll