   RE: Expat & internal entities

  • From: "Aurenz, Scot" <SAurenz@Rational.Com>
  • To: "'Christian Hammond'" <chipx86@portaldesign.net>, xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 13:52:49 -0500

	Do you have a CharacterData handler defined? If so, I think
	that is your problem. You need to handle everything through
	the DefaultHandler instead.

	I have this problem as well. When I traced thru the expat
	code, I found that it translates these entities if there
	is a CharacterData handler defined. By getting rid of this
	handler, it should give you the raw entities in the DefaultHandler.

	(I say "should" because I haven't implemented the fix myself yet,
	 but this is what I'm planning to do...)

	--Scot

unsubscribe xml-dev  (or)