   Re: W3C public lists (was Re: The Power of Groves)

  • From: Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard@w3.org>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 10:08:16 +0100

On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 10:30:31PM -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Maybe it's just that I spent too much time on XLink, where some of my
> comments may have had an effect, though without anyone ever letting me know
> that.  That list mysteriously woke up in September of last year, long after
> I'd stopped paying attention to it because of its apparent /dev/null
> tendencies.

  Your posts to the comment list about the Requirements document (XLink)
and about Xlink/XPointer design had been reviewed by the WG, like any other
sensible post on the matter sent to the list. Sorry if we didn't provide
direct specific feedback. The review is done in a rather asynchronous way
(i.e. when the WG schedule meeting time to discuss those), so it tend to
bring the interactivity close to 0. The best way is when someone in the
group specifically monitors the list and answer immediately the simple
question. However when it's about a design choice this has to go through the
full WG process and then cannot be answered immediately.

  If the WG didn't provide a response it's an error and as staff contact I'm
partly reponsible for this. Is there any specific comment you made that
you would like being answered now, please point me to it I will dig in
the WG archives to provide the answer.

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW