   XML-DEV JEWELS (was : XML-DEV on Groves)

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:43:39 +0000

At 02:50 PM 2/10/00 +0000, Leigh Dodds wrote:

[a review of groves from past XML-DEV]

	Many thanks for this excellent collation. It had taken me some time to go
back and find the historical record and you have done this more thoroughly
than me!

	This has similarities to the XML-JEWELS that I used to run until I ran out
of steam! In the first instance, is there a way we can use to flag this
sort of review in the title of the posting? In that way people could (say)
search XML-DEV for "JEWELS" AND "groves and hit your posting (actually they
would hit this one in this case:-)

	In a sense I am suggesting that there is a secondary publication
(?"abstracts") which consists primarily of hyperlinks and which is posted
to the list when the abstracter thinks there is sufficient meat in it. What
is clear here is that quite a lot of the "groves" discussion took place
three years ago! We should be careful not to repeat it but to build on it.

	P.