   Re: XML Schemas: Needs Marketing?

  • From: Arjun Ray <aray@q2.net>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 08:50:18 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Bill la Forge wrote:

> I think it should be possible, though I have no idea of the effort
> required, to define a standard subset roughly equivalent to DTDs.

Subset?

I have yet to see a demonstration of the premise - that these Schema
thingies actually cover the scope of DTDs.  (I've seen the *claim*,
but even after multiple passes through the Newspeak, I can't see how I
would go about verifying it.  Multiple attlists?  Never mind the
stuff from SGML that XML left *out* - like data attributes.)

I say this new Emperor has no clothes.

Arjun