   Re: Schema concepts

  • From: "Wang,David" <dwang@mitre.org>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:57:51 -0500

Very simple.  Terseness is not a design goal. :-)

I am no authority on this, but this is my understanding:
OOP classes binds "elements and types" together as one (implicitly), whereas
in XML Schema they are actually separated, so all elements have to have a
type or datatype.  Thus, you'd have to build up a type-hierarchy alongside
an element one, depending on how you want to use it.