   Re: ANN: SAX 2.0 extension proposals.

  • From: Jim Layer <JBLayer@netscape.net>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: 24 Feb 00 15:43:05 EST

Miles Sabin wrote,

> This would be a good argument _if_ adoption of something along
> the lines of the factory I proposed _excluded_ other forms
> of configuration management. It doesn't tho', and one part of
> it, the XMLReaderImplementation interface, would probably
> _enable_ other configuration management mechanisms.

(darn list lag is driving me nuts...)

A while back, David Brownell pointed out that storing the (reader) class name
in a configuration file was a more practical approach than searching for it
every time. If the XMLReaderImplementation interface contained an additional
method that returned the concrete class name of the reader in question
(org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser for example), that would provide the
means to bootstrap that approach...

Regards,

Jim