   Re: ANN: SAX 2.0 extension proposals.

  • From: David Brownell <david-b@pacbell.net>
  • To: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 19:57:19 -0800

Stefan Haustein wrote:

> Would adding a recommendation to the SAX documentation
> "please include a configuration file" be an acceptable
> solution?

I don't know about configuration file, but it does seem
appropriate to say that every SAX parser should come with
basic documentation including:

	- SAX2 features/modes supported
	- default settings for those modes
	- SAX2 properties supported

Of course I think conformance statements for XML would
be appropriate too.

- Dave