   Re: The RDF model *is* part of the problem

  • From: james anderson <james.anderson@mecomnet.de>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 18:29:09 +0100

while it is correct, that, in oop, the scope and extent of property
bindings relate to object boundaries and relations, the identity of the
name is not necessarily qualified by the class. there are other oop
forms for which the expressiveness of rdf is necessary. java is not the
only possibility.

the "work-around" of "additional" namespaces is, well, the nature of the
namespaces which java, in particular, prescribes. if rdf were to enforce
these restrictions itself, then other oop forms wouldn't be serializable
at all.