   Cut-and-paste and packaging

  • From: Peter Murray-Rust <peter@ursus.demon.co.uk>
  • To: xml-dev@XML.ORG
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 11:19:46 +0000

At 19:16 05/03/00 -0600, W. Eliot Kimber wrote:

> I am a valid HyTime document and you can prove it.

Perhaps this explains why Eliot wasn't at Xtech2000.

[... rest of valuable contribution snipped...]

Seriously, this shows the problems of inappropriate transclusion. Ideally I
should not use the e-mailer and editor to cut and paste, but Xlink/XPointer
into Eliot's mail. Then readers would see the wider context. At Xtech2000
David Megginson also wittily showed us the VERY serious problems we shall
get into by referencing documents we don't own. We desperately need
activity here - is this XML packaging? If so, where is it at?

	P.