   XML Schema 2/25/00 WD Validator

  • From: "Eric Rehm" <rehm@singingfish.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:02:46 -0800

Is there any tool that will validate an XML schema against the W3C
XML Schema 2/25/00 Working Draft?  I mostly want to know if I'm
writing a valid schema.

(I don't think validating against just the XML Schema DTDs gets
complete validation, right?)

Of course, I'd also like a validating XML Schema parser to
parse and validate "instance" documents....but I can live
with out it.  (I may be wrong, but I believe IBM's XML4J is not
current to the 2/25/00 WD.)

FYI, I've rewritten a large portion of the MPEG-7 schema from
their current MPEG-7 DDL (WD V1.1) into XML Schema, and I want
to find out what I didn't get right.  My only examples were in
the three W3C WD documents...

Thanks,

/eric rehm
singingfish.com