   ANNOUNCE: QML - Quantum Markup Language and QML-DEV

  • From: Sean McGrath <sean@digitome.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 09:57:21 +0100

All,

As you know, XML is a simplified version of SGML (ISO 8879).
XML has inherited some of the power of SGML as well as some
of its weaknesses. Moreover, XML also lost some of SGMLs
power.

I believe the reason for this is that SGML is too
simple. Using ideas from quantum mechanics I think
it is possible to once and for all establish
all existing markup languages as special cases
of a quantum theory of markup. QML - Quantum
Markup Language is the subject of a discussion
group I have set up on onelist.com. You
are all welcome to join in.

	http://www.onelist.com/group/QML-DEV

P.S. About a year ago, I announced a generic
RTF to XML converter written in Perl. I have
re-written it using some of the ideas of
QML. Essentially an RTF2XML.pl is instantiated
by a dequantization algorithm that deals
with disambiguating the quantum state of
RTF. I will be posting details on
the QML list.

regards,

Sean,