   Re: using catalog files (Was Re:Parser Behaviour (Serious))

  • From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  • To: Bruce.Durling@equifax.com
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:01:44 -0400

/ Bruce.Durling@equifax.com was heard to say:
| I've heard a number of people mention using catalog
| files. I've thought about this myself and it seems to be a
| solution. Can anyone give an example of how to use them with
| current parsers such as Xerces? I've been looking through the

I'm happy to announce (er, I probably ought to let someone else
make the official announcement, but what the heck :-) that
Arbortext has just released a set of Java classes for exactly
this purpose.

See http://www.arbortext.com/News_and_Events/recent_news_pages/Recent_12/recent_12.html

These classes can easily be plugged into any SAX Parser and support
the full semantics of OASIS Entity Management (TR9401:
http://www.oasis-open.org/html/a401.htm)

The distribution includes examples of Catalog support with both
Xerces and XT.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--