   RE: Feature Manifest (Was:RE: Parser Behaviour (serious))

  • From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds@ingenta.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 15:10:42 +0100

> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-xml-dev@xml.org [mailto:owner-xml-dev@xml.org]On Behalf Of
> Peter Murray-Rust
> Sent: 08 April 2000 09:42
> To: xml-dev@xml.org
> Subject: Re: Feature Manifest (Was:RE: Parser Behaviour (serious))

[ suggestion of how to carry out a package of work using XML-DEV as a
forum ]

> The dynamics of this can be found in the SAX discussions 2 years ago.
> Perhaps Leigh could point us to the archives, ( I have also
> abstracted them but the server is down). In that DavidM composed a careful
set of
> questions and took us through them on a roughly 3-day basis.

Certainly...

The main SAX discussions took place around Dec '97-Jan'98. After a few weeks
of debate, DavidM posted a work plan [1] which lead the group towards a
first proposal [2].

The work plan consisted of a series of 10 postings which each addressed a
different set of design questions. DavidM took care to highlight
assumptions,
pros & cons, as well as making recommendations (see [3] for an example).
I assume these were a synthesis of the previous weeks discussions.

Cheers,

L.

[1].
http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail-archive/xml-dev/xml-dev-Jan-1998/0026.ht