   Re: OASIS and XML-DEV

  • From: Bob La Quey <robertl1@home.com>
  • To: Tom Ritchford <tom@swirly.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 02:40:30 -0700

Hi Tom,

I am in total agreement. I just sent a similar mail to Peter outlining
several such services which have additional functions that support
collaborative work. I will forward this mail to you.

The web is rapidly offering a variety of collaboration services and
so it is just silly to stay stuck in the past with any organization that
clearly does "not" get it and/or is unable or unwilling to respond to
the needs of the larger community. Such organizations are unneeded baggage
in a world where we all must travel both fast and light.

See:
http://www.egroups.com/
http://www.SourceForge.net/
http://www.faqts.com/index.phtml

I am sure the members of the XML-DEV community know of a
number of other sources of free or very low cost collaborative
systems that are available to step into the gap since OASIS
appears to be incapable of doing the job.

Maybe, since they cannot run a list, OASIS should focus on something
else that they are capable of.

What, pray tell, is that?