   Re: OASIS and XML-DEV

  • From: Tom Ritchford <tom@swirly.com>
  • To: <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 17:56:24 -0400

this baffles me.  I run almost a dozen lists of various sizes and types (using
the http://www.topica.com service, but egroups is fine too) and it handles
all the work of bounce handling and the like behind my back.

(actually, I have over two dozen lists at Topica but at least half of them
are moribund...)

I doubt I spend 5 hours a month on purely maintenance issues on all the lists
put together.  (I do spend a lot of time writing *material* for them but that
is certainly a different matter...)

my 'vote' is now to dump OASIS and go with one of the free internet services
like egroups or topica.  They don't have "hypermail" and their searching
isn't that great but it certainly works fine...

	/t

...get extreme internet radio at <http://extremeNY.com/radio>...