   Re: Babel (again) or standard taqs and aliases (UDEF, Bizcodes)

  • From: Len Bullard <cbullard@hiwaay.net>
  • To: Mike.Champion@softwareag-usa.com
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 14:35:11 -0500

Michael Champion wrote:

> So, "babble" is the natural order of things; it would take a a well-funded
> "God" with the power to mandate the Universal Language to make something
> like BizCodes/UDEF happen globablly.

God tears down the Tower.  Who is the hero?  God or the King?
It's just a story.  I think God did the right thing.  A single
language would not evolve well, thus, the kingdom would not.

> But there's hope: When there is value in translating information
> back and forth between specific sub-communities, some specialized
> organization will evolve to fill that niche.  So, XML succeeds because its
> common syntax supports translation and transformation, if not universality.

Yes.  That's it.  Common syntax facilitates the cost of shaping the
behaviors.
It is the behavioral map which is fractal.  Consider peer to peer:
FreeNet.
Shaping of storage by frequency and distribution of access.  Anyone care
to speculate what the means by which topical trees are created are
adequate?

len