   RE: SOAP, plague, love

  • From: "Dick Brooks (E)" <dick@8760.com>
  • To: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>, <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 16:35:00 -0500

Jonathan,

I agree with your assessment. It points out that SOAP by itself is
inadequate for E-Commerce applications and must be augmented by another
technology (XMTP is a great example and it's a fine peice of work). You
really should consider sending XMTP to W3C as a working draft. FYI - I
referenced XMTP in the ebXML packaging spec as a possible solution to create
a pure XML packaging solution.

Dick Brooks
http://www.8760.com/