   Re: A colorful press release

  • From: Tom Scola <Thomas.Scola@us.rbcds.com>
  • To: xml-dev@XML.ORG
  • Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 11:33:44 -0400

Dave Winer wrote:

> UserLand ran a press release this morning on the submission of SOAP 1.1 to
> W3C.

Which convinces me even more that SOAP is a protocol designed for
marketing purposes rather than technical reasons.

The IETF has always been a meritocracy with a high emphasis on the
technical excellence.  Furthermore, many people associated with the IETF
have been designing protocols for over 20 years, and have a unique
perspective on the long-term consequences of design decisions.
Therefore, I have always been suspicious of people who ignore or dismiss
the IETF.

Instead of hype, why don't you address Keith Moore's concerns?  If they
are not valid, then please provide an explaination.