   RE: SOAP, plague, love

  • From: Eldar Musayev <eldarm@microsoft.com>
  • To: xml-dev@XML.ORG
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 12:23:07 -0700

 > From: W. E. Perry [mailto:wperry@fiduciary.com]
 > > If you mean that SOAP puts semantics on XML, that's false.
 > From http://www.w3.org/TR/SOAP, dated today:
 > SOAP does not itself define any application semantics such

You see, "does not define any application semantics"
As to providing means to express one, if you want,
then this is just a subject area of this XML application.
You are free to interpret it your way, if you have a useful
case for that, just like you are free to interpret ISBN in XML
data on books as a temperature on a Mars. It just does not make
any sense, but you are free to do that. No problem.

 > > It's just when you start to implement and especially
 > > integrate huge B2B systems, you have to share those idiosyncrasies
 > > with more and more of your business partners, so they can
 > understand you.
 >
 > No, I don't. The idiosyncrasies are in what I *process*
 > privately, based on
 > messages openly exchanged.

See example with ISBN and temperature on a Mars.

 > Respectfully,

Can I respectfully remind, that we were talking about SOAP security and
in a broader range XML security, because some author claimed it insecure?
(Which I considered a false statement, and you argued, probably, with that)
If you want to talk about different matter, like we do above, maybe it's
time to change subject of this thread?

Eldar Musayev