   Re: Question on future of XML

  • From: David Mohring <heretic@ihug.co.nz>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 04:13:29 +1200

Andrew Gorman wrote:

> I am curious to know what the people of this list think is the future of XML
> in the area of use as a platform to create new internet applications and its
> use in development of new Operating Systems.   Thank you very much.

Check out how XML is being used in the IETF webdav protocols.
http://www.webdav.org

IMHO when version and access control is finalized, this is
THE future OS vendor neutral file server interface.
( Barring Microsoft doing another Kerberos implementation )

David Mohring - What happened to composite XML documents?