   RE: MSXML and XML-DR

  • From: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>
  • To: "'Bullard, Claude L (Len)'" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:57:17 -0700

Dear Len

In addition to Andrew's mail, let me add the following.

It is safe to say that we are currently not planning to get rid of XDR
(assuring backwards compatibility) and plan to provide support for
XML-Schema and a migration path from XDR to XML Schema. This is also what we
tell our customers.

Best regards
Michael
--
Program Manager, SQL Server XML Technologies
mrys@microsoft.com, rys@acm.org