   MSIE XSLT vs. XT XSLT

  • From: "Bruce Snyder" <bsnyder@pengroup.com>
  • To: xml-dev <xml-dev@xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 12:48:10 -0600

I have an XSL that I'm applying to an XML file to convert from XML to
WDDX. When I apply the XSL using XT, it works just fine. When I apply
the XSL using MSIE it doesn't output the correct content. For example,
the following is a template I'm using:

<xsl:template match="lastname">
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
	&lt;var name='lastname'&gt;
		&lt;string&gt;</xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="."/>
	<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;/string&gt;
	&lt;/var&gt;</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

When this template is applied using XT, I receive the following output:

<var name='lastname'>
   <string>Sudzuki</string>
</var>

When this template is applied using MSIE, I receive the followign
output:

Can someone tell me why MSIE behaves in this manner?

Thanks,
Bruce