   Re: xml parser question

  • From: Daniel Veillard <Daniel.Veillard@w3.org>
  • To: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@virgin.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:46:47 +0200

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 07:33:03PM +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
> In moving some stuff from SGML to xml, I keep falling
> foul of the xml parsers doing what they should!
>
> Some stuff from LINUXDOC has all its version details in
> an external file, ref'd by entities. I'm trying to use
> sgmlnorm, sx and xt to get it into xml. In the finished
> documents I want (would like) the entities back in place so that writers
> can see 'In version &latest; .... etc.'
>
> As part of the parse by sx, xt etc, all the ents are resolved
> to 4.4.1 or whatever version is being referred to.
>
> How much hassle is it to add a switch to a parser to say
> 'leave them alone' please?

  libxml (should be available on most linux boxen) keeps
all entities references by default to be able to save them
when the generated tree is saved.
   http://xmlsoft.org/

  This is the default behaviour, there is a switch to force the
embedding instead.

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW