   RE: LIST: IMPORTANT: [ was Re: Another XSLT Question]

  • From: Keith Kelly <kkelly@measuresoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 10:39:20 +0100

I know we are not supposed to post "me too" type responses, but in this case
I feel it is worth adding another voice in the hope that OASIS may hear the
call.

I have used many other lists with high 'signal to noise ratio', and this is
almost always due to a good archive search engine. Anybody that uses a list
regularly knows to check the archives before sending a message to the list
to see if their problem has come up previously. Without a good searchable
archive, progress and usefulness is hampered by repetition of the same
novice questions again and again. Other features that decrease noise level
are a good list overview, technology FAQ and history page.

I hope that the management of the list will soon be as high quality as many
of the contributions.

Best Regards,

Keith Kelly.