   Re: XML and inheritance and transformation of representations

  • From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:02:09 -0500

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> With all due respect to both you and Henry, Paul,
> it's good and worth reading but some of the same
> misconceptions are in this presentation that bedevil
> markup technology in other presentations
> yet have been worked out of other presentations:

Len, I didn't look at the introductory portions. The parts on layering
of models was what interested me.

Nevertheless, Henry has been around SGML/XML for a long time so I would
ascribe differences in historical outlook to varying perspective rather
than factual ignorance on one side or the other.

Simplicity does not precede complexity, but follows it.
	- http://www.cs.yale.edu/~perlis-alan/quotes.html