   Re: List member issues

  • From: Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
  • To: David Valera <dvalera@pcl-hage.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:42:58 +0100

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 11:13:19AM +0200, David Valera wrote:
> I would like the people in this list to exclude mails they receive through
> this mailing list from their "out of office autoreply" from Outlook (From
> time to time when I post to this list I get a few autoreply messages from
> people on this list).

This has happened since the move to a new mailing list hosting service
it seems. It's not just "out of office" replies, I also got a couple of
bounce messages sent back to me. I can't recall it happening before. I've
reported this to OASIS but not got back a response on it yet. Hopefully
it's a teething problem that will be sorted out.

(Meanwhile I heartily endorse your exhortation about autoreplies being
sent in response to mailing lists. Outlook should have a feature which
looks for "Precedence: bulk" and suppresses the autoreply.)

-- Edd