   Re: List member issues

  • From: Toby Speight <streapadair@gmx.net>
  • To: XML developers' list <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:01:38 +0100

David> David Valera <URL:mailto:dvalera@pcl-hage.nl>
Edd> Edd D. Dumbill <URL:mailto:edd@usefulinc.com>

0> In article <D1F94D8C7C1FD111A5290020AF92B1B37B62B9@INTRASERVER>,
0> David wrote:

David> I would like the people in this list to exclude mails they
David> receive through this mailing list from their "out of office
David> autoreply" from Outlook (From time to time when I post to this
David> list I get a few autoreply messages from people on this list).

0> In article <20000714104258.B4576@usefulinc.com>,
0> Edd wrote:

Edd> This has happened since the move to a new mailing list hosting
Edd> service it seems.  It's not just "out of office" replies, I also
Edd> got a couple of bounce messages sent back to me.  I can't recall
Edd> it happening before.

It looks like the list software isn't adding a Sender header, so
transport-related issues (like bounces) end up going to the author
(i.e. as in the From header).

Please consider this a bug report.