   [admin] was Re: List member issues

  • From: Edd Dumbill <edd@usefulinc.com>
  • To: David Valera <dvalera@pcl-hage.nl>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:47:37 +0100

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 10:42:58AM +0100, I wrote:
> (Meanwhile I heartily endorse your exhortation about autoreplies being
> sent in response to mailing lists. Outlook should have a feature which
> looks for "Precedence: bulk" and suppresses the autoreply.)

Sorry to reply to my own message. I just examined the mail headers since
we switched to the new list hosting service and I note that there is no
longer any "Precedence: bulk". The return of that item in the header
will cause more sensible handling of messages from xml-dev by many
existing mail tools.

-- Edd