   .NET? ( Re: Joel on XML )

  • From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@qub.com>
  • To: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 01:02:18 -0700

From: Joshua Allen

> Or is he saying that he has concluded that .NET has no
> substance, simply from reading a single whitepaper?
> From where I stand, .NET seems very clear, coherent,
> uncompromisingly pragmatic, and backed up by lots
> of product and code.  But I never read that whitepaper,
> so obviously Joey knows more about it  than me.

Could you please provide the 'good' URL explaining
the "very clear and coherent" message that .NET sends to us ?

I'm asking because in my opinion you did really great job with
MS XSLT FAQ. What URLs are worth reading from your point
of view?

MS is such a huge company and it is producing so many papers.
It usually takes me a while to find some reasonable snippet
when I'm browsing / searching the MS website.

Rgds.Paul.

PS. I 100% agree with you on Napster.  I also see nothing
revolutionary in the yet another reincarnation of UCSD P-system.
But this is offtopic, I think.

<q>
What is the UCSD P-System?
It is a portable operating system that was popular in the
early days of personal computers, in the late 1970s and
early 1980s.
</q>