   Re:

  • From: mark hu <mark@fintrack.com>
  • To: Meka Raghavendra <mraghavendra@npi.stpn.soft.net>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 13:32:31 -0400

Hey, man:
    I think the simple idea is to make your CORBA IDL more generic than specific and tied up with some special DTDs ( I call this as XML data mashaling ?? ) - what we do here  is create the general purpose method in IDL level ( e.g. use String type for the method to delivery XML stream .... ) and than in the implementation - cast to the specific Object Type which is the place that you convert the native data to XML or from XML to native data, for multi-data sections, you maybe want to make your own collection as well - in this case from Server, you have a collection of XML data stream ready and then you can populate it to client side - regular client or Internet based ( HTTP/Request/Response), and surely the Object Type you can re-use it on the client side as well when u want to un-wrap the XML data stream , cheers ....

mark
"Make Your Life More Enjoyable"