   Re: internal DTD subset production

  • From: KAZUMI Saito <ksaito@flab.fujitsu.co.jp>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 20:05:48 +0900

In message "Re: internal DTD subset production",
Thierry Bezecourt wrote...
 >At 19:06 06/09/2000 +0900, KAZUMI Saito wrote:

 >This name is not part of the DTD, where DTD stands for "document type
 >*definition*", but it is a part of the document type *declaration*. It is
 >specific to your XML document, because several XML documents may refer to
 >the same DTD and have different root element types (as long as they are
 >declared somewhere in the DTD).

My question is solved, thank you.

 >The DOM spec says: "Note: The actual content returned depends on how much
 >information is available to the implementation. This may vary depending on
 >various parameters, including the XML processor used to build the document."

Of cource I have read this but I thought, this note says such as the parser
A processes element declaration but not processes entity declaration, another
parser B processes both of them.

 >So I am afraid you need to check what your DOM processor documentation
 >says, or simply to try it out on an existing document and see what it
 >returns...

My apprehension is difference between implementations, internalSubset
includes "<!DOCTYPE" or not. But the apprehension proved unnecessary.

-----
 KAZUMI Saito  FUJITSU Laboratories Ltd.