   RE: Who will maintain SAX?

  • From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
  • To: "'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 16:00:25 -0500

The statement is debatable.  SAX is oriented to
the events the infoSet describes.  This is one
level out from "application vocabularies" so
one can say it is infrastructure.  It is not
necessarily "network infrastructure" but this
may be slicing thin.

As I watch this thread, I am beginning to think
OASIS may be the better candidate.  At least
in the notion that SAX is a markup API, OASIS
is a markup standards organization.

Does anyone else have some reasons why OASIS
would or would not be a good org to own the
SAX record of authority?

Len Bullard
Intergraph Public Safety
clbullar@ingr.com