   RE: Who will maintain SAX?

  • From: Karl Best <karl.best@oasis-open.org>
  • To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 08:51:37 -0400

Len says:

> As I watch this thread, I am beginning to think
> OASIS may be the better candidate.  At least
> in the notion that SAX is a markup API, OASIS
> is a markup standards organization.

OASIS would certainly welcome the opportunity of hosting the SAX effort, as
Len has suggested. The main goals of our standards efforts are openness and
democratic participation; no-one who is interested in participating is
excluded, and all discussions are publicly archived. Participation requires
membership in OASIS, but we have enough levels of participation, from large
corporate down to individual, that there are no barriers to participation.

Our technical committee process, created by a committee chaired by Jon
Bosak, is summarized at http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.shtml.
Information about membership is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/join/index.shtml. And if you're an employee of a
member organization (see http://www.oasis-open.org/about/index.shtml) then
you're already eligible to participate.

</karl>