   RE: Deprecating XSLT templates

  • From: Tim McCune <timm@channelpoint.com>
  • To: 'Evan Lenz' <elenz@xyzfind.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 16:04:27 -0600

Ok, here's a super-quick example:

<xsl:template name="a">
	<xsl:message>Template a is deprecated.  Use template b
instead.</xsl:message>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="b"/>

So, we _are_ talking, more or less, about an API.  Other stylesheets
can call into these named templates, and we're trying to discourage
them from using certain templates without breaking their
functionality.  We're not talking about overriding, and we're not
talking about overriding an entire stylesheet, just individual
templates.