   Re: interoperability (was Re: Obfuscating XML with namespaces)

  • From: Dave Winer <dave@userland.com>
  • To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 10:01:57 -0700

Simon, this is fascinating.

Check out this rambly Information Week article.

http://www.informationweek.com/807/07uwhl.htm

My pov: XML should be providing a means for interop between all kinds of
apps. It should be happening now.

Every day it's delayed the hole we have to dig out of gets deeper.

It's all about interop, as far as I'm concerned. It's prosaic stuff for
sure, but it's also the holy grail of the software industry..

No lock-in, use my product because it's the best, and it's easy to switch.

Dave