   Re: XML database

  • From: KenNorth <KenNorth@email.msn.com>
  • To: Huaxin Zhang <hxzhang@cs.ualberta.ca>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 01:17:44 -0700

> The topic of mapping hierarchical data to databases, particularly SQL
> databases, has been around for a while:

To my last reply, let me add that Joe Celko will be discussing SQL and tree
queries at XML DevCon 2000 next month. The program includes a variety of
classes about query, schema, and databases, with participation from several
members of the Schema and Query Working Groups:

- Indexing and Extending Databases for XML
- XML and Database Integration
- Mapping DTDs to Database Schemas
- Where's the Data?: Trading between Relations and XML
- Integration Services, Databases and Wireless Applications
- SQL Trees, Multidimensional Data, and Data Warehouses
- Optimization Techniques for Mapping Documents to Databases
- Serializing Relational Query Results in XML
- XML Views in SQL Server 2000
- XML Support in Tspaces
- Understanding Quilt
- Querying XML documents
- The Schema Schism: Dialogue with the Experts (Panel)
- Schema Workshop: Modeling, UML, and Black Magic
- XML, Java, and Database Magic

http://www.xmldevcon2000.com/conference.html