   Re: XML, 2nd Edition

  • From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
  • To: AndrewWatt2000@aol.com, xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 09:42:28 -0400

At 05:24 AM 10/10/00 -0400, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:

>Do you know if we are to assume that "version 1.1 of Namespaces in XML" is
>related in any way to the "XML Namespace handling process" mentioned on page
>2 of the abortive Modularization of XHTML Candidate Recommendation of 3rd
>October 2000?

Assume nothing, related to W3C matters or anything else :).

The HTML WG isn't prescient, and though there are strong feelings in that
group about what needs to change in Namespaces, trying to glean the results
of Namespaces 1.1 from what we've done in Modularization would be about
like trying to hit the lottery on a single ticket purchase.

Ann
--
Ann Navarro
Author and Chief Geek, WebGeek, Inc.