   Re: XML, 2nd Edition

  • From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:30:15 -0400

At 05:24 AM 10/10/00 -0400, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
>Do you know if we are to assume that "version 1.1 of Namespaces in XML" is
>related in any way to the "XML Namespace handling process" mentioned on page
>2 of the abortive Modularization of XHTML Candidate Recommendation of 3rd
>October 2000?

The XML Namespace handling process is described (in the XHTML
Modularization document) as a project of Henry Thompson and Dan Connolly -
I don't know if it's in the 1.1 work.

I suspect 1.1 is to include the statement described at:
http://xmlhack.com/read.php?item=758

>I am unable to locate any public Working Draft of Namespaces in XML Version
>1.1. Has anyone any information about when a Working Draft may become
>publicly available?

None that I've seen.

Simon St.Laurent
XHTML: Migrating Toward XML