   Re: XML, 2nd Edition

  • From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
  • To: xml-dev@xml.org
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:45:24 -0500

At 05:24 2000 10 10 -0400, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 09/10/00 14:12:08 GMT Daylight Time,
>simonstl@simonstl.com writes:
>
>> Intriguingly, he notes that the XML Activity statement talks about "version
>>  1.1 of Namespaces in XML".  It'll be interesting to see if that's a minor
>>  revision only slightly beyond the changes made in XML Second Edition, or a
>>  more dangerous proceeding.
>
>Do you know if we are to assume that "version 1.1 of Namespaces in XML" is
>related in any way to the "XML Namespace handling process" mentioned on page
>2 of the abortive Modularization of XHTML Candidate Recommendation of 3rd
>October 2000?
>
>I am unable to locate any public Working Draft of Namespaces in XML Version
>1.1. Has anyone any information about when a Working Draft may become
>publicly available?

There is no such draft.  If there were, I would have made an announcement
to xml-dev, and you would be able to find it on the W3C TR page [1].

There has been no work on any Namespaces 1.1.  It is merely a place holder
item on the XML Core WG work list because all active Recommendations need
to be assigned to some working group, and if any work were to be done,
it would probably be the XML Core WG.

paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/