   Re: Improved writing -- who's going to pay for it?

  • From: Miloslav Nic <nicmila@idoox.com>
  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:19:24 +0200

Well, I had quite a few private conversations about XML Schema both
with XMLers and programmers and these conversations definitively support
the point.

If it interests somebody I can make one personal statement:

I am quite confortable with XML Schema part II
but when reading part I
I feel like 10 year old child reading in general theory of relativity.

From the primer and examples you can fairly easily comprehend the basics
which slightly
leverage DTD's, but to get to the guts, to discover if there are some
powerful things to be
used it is so painful. It takes me several hours to get some deeper
understanding of just a tiny part
of the spec and if I was not being upset by things I cannot understand
I would give up entirely.