   Re: Improved writing -- who's going to pay for it?

  • From: Rick JELLIFFE <ricko@geotempo.com>
  • To: ",'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:51:31 +0800

Linda van den Brink wrote:

> Whereas a tech writer, who is inside
> the organization, would presumably have good communication lines to the
> editors of specs and could ask them 'what is meant here' and THEN come up
> with a good rewrite.

So would people be happier with
  * a much more comprehensive Primer
  * splitting the Structures draft into two or three parts that were
more
     self contained
  * a much terser algorithmic/logical treatment of the subject, less
     comprehensible to Joe Database but smaller and more precise
  * a rewrite of structures based on the concrete syntax rather than
      having the abstract components first

Knowing some specifics might be helpful.

Even knowing at what point you become confused might help: I know
paragraph clarification is not Simon's preferred way, but it is
not a waste of time.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe